Many pet lovers started to own hamsters, which made many people look at them, and...
Hamsters in Saudi Arabia are pleasant companions for their owners and experts mentioned that owning a pet may help expel disturbing thoughts. Read more on Shobbak.
Many pet lovers started to own hamsters, which made many people look at them, and the acquisition of a Hamster in Saudi Arabia has become a lot of interest, so we will discuss the basics used in preserving it.
- Hamsters are rodents that belong to mammals.
- Hamsters are created with flat feet and short, stocky legs.
- Hamsters have four toes on the front and five on the back.
- It has a tail that is shorter than its body.
- It is also covered with silky fur.
- They have sharp ears.
- They have many colors: black, white, gray, and hazel, and they can be a mixture of these colors.
- Hamsters have pockets in their mouths to store food.
- Hamsters are active at night and sleep during the day as they are nocturnal.
- Hamsters only bite when they are afraid.
- Hamsters have glands that secrete a scent to distinguish between them because they have poor eyesight.
- The hamster rubs his back against things to create a scent and to use it as a guide for him to return to his home.
- The hamster's teeth are constantly growing, so he must chew a lot in order to keep his teeth short and appropriate.
- The hamster is an animal with a special mood. When games and a lot of fun are available, it becomes the highest stage of its happiness.
Types of hamsters:
Of course, each animal has different types, which differ according to environmental factors around it, some of the types are:
- It is characterized by kidneys that increase the concentration of its urine, due to the intense heat in the places in which it lives, and the smell of its urine distinguishes it, as it is pungent.
- Low-costs in food.
- It does not need much water
- Likes to live alone.
- The slowest type
- It has abundant and dense fur, but it does not fall from it, and it does not have fur on its feet.
- Lives up to 3 years.
- It reaches 18 cm in length.
- He likes to live in groups.
- It has a dark stripe that runs from head to tail.
- Lives about two or two and a half years.
- Small size.
- Fast moving.
- For those who want to own a hamster, this type of hamster is recommended to them, because it does not need a person on an ongoing basis.
Winter white hamster:
- It has a dark stripe extending from head to tail.
- It is possible to live in captivity for about a year and a half.
- During the winter days, the color of its coat turns white, and it has been observed that this change only occurs in the wild.
- The smallest type of hamster.
- Its length ranges between 5.5 and 10.5 centimeters.
- It has a dark stripe from head to tail.
- Lives about 2-3 years.
- Russian lookalike.
- It has brown fur with a black stripe extending from the neck to the tail.
- Its tail is 4 cm long, which is longer than most other species.
- Friendly and comfortable to handle if tamed and handled from a young age.
- Very fast
- Accepts living in groups of the same sex.
- Hamsters weigh between 1.1-1.6 ounces.
- It has a dark stripe extending from head to tail.
- Live between one and a half to three years.
- He has a different way of life than others.
- During the day, he remains still in his hiding place until nightfall, then he goes out to search for food and hunt down prey.
- Its life cycle ranges from one to two years.
- The female Mongolian hamster gives birth to a maximum of four to nine litters for reproduction.
- It is not considered the best choice for acquisition due to its small size and difficulty in holding it.
- Its back is covered in gray fur, with a raccoon stripe extending from the neck to the tail.
- It has a 1 cm long tail.
- Hamsters vary in length, with the male reaching 11 cm and the female 9 cm.
- Its weight ranges between 40-50 grams.
Despite the different types of hamsters, the difference between hamsters is length, feeding style, reproduction, and size.
First: At the age of three months, the hamster is ready for mating, and the duration of the camel ranges between 15 and 20 days.
Second: When the female gives birth to her young, their weight does not exceed three grams.
Third: Baby hamsters are born blind and without fur, and they can quickly discover the world around them.
Fourth: When the mother feels threatened or afraid, she eats her young, or hides them in her pockets inside her mouth.
Hamsters in Saudi Arabia Feeding:
The hamster feeds on many different foods, as it can also eat meat, and despite the availability of various options for it, it cannot live on one type, for example: if it eats fruits and vegetables as a basic food, it causes diarrhea.
Just as some types of hamsters can eat insects, roots, and small frogs, hamsters may resort to eating their own feces when food is not available and when iron is deficient.
When a person wants to own a hamster, he must provide pellets and include them in his diet. They must be of high quality and contain protein in an appropriate amount. The large hamster eats a third of a cup of pellets, while the dwarf hamster eats one-eighth of a cup of pellets.
The hamster tends to store its food in its bed or in its own pocket inside its mouth.
Hamster in Saudi Arabia Care:
Owning a hamster has become very popular, as it does not cause any serious harm to its owners, and the acquisition of Hamsters in Saudi Arabia has become very easy, but before that, whoever wants to own a hamster must first learn how to take care of it.
Among the most important are: a hamster cage; its owner must provide him with a cage or a glass basin of an appropriate size, because the hamster enjoys great activity, and therefore his wheel must be provided so that he can run for long distances in the same place, and the owner must provide a hamster cage with sawdust in order to prevent the appearance of the smell, And he must completely stay away from sawdust of medium-density fibrous wood, and sawdust of coniferous wood; because they harm the liver, skin and respiratory system in animals.
Put the hamster cage in a quiet place, away from sunlight.
Pine nuts and rice are foods that are strictly forbidden to hamsters because they cause respiratory problems. Avoid feeding them human food. The hamster should be fed regularly.
It is preferable to provide a hamster cage with a water dispenser, and it should be changed daily or once every three days at a maximum.
Refrain from feeding your hamster any foods that contain lemon or salt.
Dealing with a Hamster in Saudi Arabia
- Serve food in his own bowl.
- Provide fresh fruits and vegetables in his food as supplements to his main food.
- Change his food daily.
- Hamsters love privacy, so a special room should be provided for them with a small piece of cardboard.
- Taking care of its bedding and cleaning it monthly, and cleaning its place weekly.
- Annual care and follow-up.
- Providing toys for him, such as wheels and special toys, to move his teeth, such as the chewing process.
- Accuracy and care when trying to catch it, through the loose skin on the neck area, and by using suitable rubber forceps or through the thumb, so as not to bite or sting whoever holds it.
- At the first week of the birth of young hamsters, you should not approach them, because the mother is in a state of anxiety and confusion.
The Hamster in Saudi Arabia is considered one of the most desirable millennium animals, due to the advantages that the hamster possesses, including that the hamster is very simple and easy to take care of, and is also entertaining, and it is able to expel disturbing thoughts, and the hamster is also a clean animal because most of them use one corner of the hamster cage As a toilet so it won't bother you in the cleaning process.
Hamster in Saudi Arabia and Shobbak:
Shobbak application is a wide platform that contains everything a person needs, whether for home or car needs and also provides luxuries for trips.
When you have the idea of owning a hamster, you may begin to be confused about the store from which you will acquire it, so let's make it easy for you; Through Shobbak, you can purchase Hamsters in Saudi Arabia with ease and safety and is can be delivered to your home without the hassle of going to stores and asking about types and other things.
You will also be able to sell a hamster cage and all the supplies needed to care for it, through a net as well, as it is a wide platform that contains all your necessary needs.
To get a Hamster in Saudi Arabia and a hamster cage in the best way, download Shobbak application and enjoy its distinguished services.